*Please note: These rules are subject to change in an attempt to maintain fair and equal competition among vehicle makes and models, and in the interest of safety.
A SGMP Technical Inspector or Official may check any car for engine, chassis, oil, fuel, tires, wheels, rear ends, or any other component at any time. Upon entering a car for competition, the driver (and the owner) is responsible for the legality of their car and will suffer all penalties resulting from the car violating these rules. Refusal to submit a car, engine, or any part for inspection or measurement upon the request of a SGMP Technical Inspector or Official will result in an immediate disqualification and may result in fine, suspension, or other penalties by SGMP Track Officials.
The following items will be mandatory technical inspection checks for the top five finishers after a feature race:
1. Minimum Weight
2. Head casting numbers
3. Other items as determined by the Race Director and/or Technical Inspector.
No equipment or racecar will be considered as having been approved by reason of having passed through inspection “unobserved”. Regardless of a car passing prior technical inspections, compliance with all rules must be made at each post-race inspection. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from the technical inspection or approval. Any rules or guidelines not covered will be governed at the discretion of SGMP Race Director and Technical Inspector.
Enforcement of Specification Rules: All SGMP approved weighing, measuring and testing devices used by SGMP Technical Inspector or Official are the standards that will determine compliance with the rules and regulations. A competitor’s equipment, gauge, or instrument will have no bearing on the enforcement of these rules.
1. Anything not specified in this set of rules must be factory stock for make and model.
2. Any type of four-cylinder subcompact car or truck may compete, foreign or domestic.
3. No sports cars allowed (i.e., 2 seaters)
4. Weight to be one pound per CC after the race, no burn off (2000 lb. min).
5. Maximum wheelbase 101”.
ENGINE & DRIVE TRAIN
1. Engine must be for make and model, Must be NATURALLY ASPIRATED ONLY (2500 max. displacement). No turbochargers or superchargers.
2. Any cam shaft (solid or hydraulic).
3. Factory stock OEM heads only.
4. Must have stock block and crank for make and model of car or truck.
5. May run aftermarket rods and pistons.
6. May run racing pulleys.
7. Headers allowed.
8. Maximum one inch spacer or adapter between carburetor & intake one gasket per side.
9. Stock type manifold only.
10. Carburetor, stock or stock replacement only or Holley # 4412 may remove choke butterfly & rod. NO other alterations are allowed.
11. All cars or trucks must be self-starting.
12. All four wheels must have working brakes.
TRANMISSION AND CLUTCH
1. All transmissions must be stock and have all working gears.
2. Stock flywheel. (No Aluminum).
3. Must have stock pressure plate.
4. May run aftermarket disk (disk only).
5. No racing or quick-change transmissions.
1. OEM TYPE rear end only (9' OK).
2. May exchange models.
3. No full spools.
4. No light gears.
5. May lock rear end.
6. No quick-change rear ends.
1. Gasoline only as a fuel – must be track approved.
2. No alcohol, nitrous, exotic fuels or additives.
SUSPENSION & FRAME
1. Stock suspension and steering in stock location only.
2. Aftermarket springs allowed.
3. Stock mount racing shocks or struts allowed. No coil-overs other than stock for make and model.
4. May run screw jacks and buckets.
5. May modify upper or lower A arms (but not on both sides) to get caster and camber set.
6. May slot strut towers (towers must be intact).
7. Camber plates allowed.
8. Bodies must be metal, complete and stock appearing (must be track approved).
9. Body may be gutted (add 50 lbs).
10. Frame must remain stock and original wheelbase maintained (1" allowance + or -).
11. May tie frame together.
12. Stock firewall and floor pan must be intact (must be track approved if repairs have been done).
13. Interior may be boxed in with 22-guage steel or equivalent in aluminum.
14. All holes in firewall must be closed with 22-guage steel or equivalent in aluminum.
15. Must have firewall between driver and fuel cell, constructed of 22-guage steel or equivalent in aluminum.
16. Min ground clearance is 4" for all components (except fuel cell).
17. May trim wheel wells for tire clearance (no sharp edges).
18. Aftermarket bumper covers and noses allowed, but must remain stock appearing for make and model.
19. Spoilers are approved (4" max tall). Spoiler must be mounted on rear deck. Stock spoilers OK.
1. Any new or used racing slick (max. 8” tread), manufactured by American Racer, Hoosier or Goodyear. NO RECAPS!
2. No soaking, chemical treating, cutting, siping, or altering the tire in any manner allowed. Any illegal tire, in the judgment of SGMP Officials, will be confiscated.
1. Any aftermarket steel wheel, 8" max width.
2. 2" offset max.
1. Roll cage must be constructed to provide maximum protection for the driver.
2. Roll bars must be minimum 1-1/2" OD .090 steel tubing.
3. Must have 4 bars min in front of driver.
4. Minimum 4 point roll cage mandatory with minimum 3 door bars on driver’s side and 2 door bars on pass side. Recommend 4 door bars on each side.
5. Minimum three vertical windshield bars in front of driver.
6. Recommend welding 1/8" steel plate to completely shield driver’s door bars.
7. Racing seatbelts and seat mandatory, minimum 5- point quick release racing belts with 3” shoulder harness required. Seat must be bolted with a minimum of six 3/8“ bolts to bars that are welded to the roll cage.
8. Fuel cell must be completely encased in approved steel container.
9. Minimum of 9" ground clearance to bottom of fuel cell.
10. No fuel lines in drivers compartment unless completely enclosed in steel conduit (must be track approved).
11. Window net required.
12. Drive shaft must be painted white.
13. All ballast must be painted white with car number.
14. Battery must be mounted outside of driver’s compartment.
15. Battery must be securely strapped down.
1. No weight-transferring device of any kind allowed.
2. No traction control device of any kind allowed.
3. No electronic monitoring or computer devices capable of storing, transferring, or transmitting information. Only basic gauges (oil pressure, water temp, tachometer, etc.) will be allowed.
4. Any part with altered or missing numbers will be considered unapproved and may be removed by the Tech Official for further inspection.
5. No Mirrors
6. No radios.
- Mini Stock Protest Fee - $200.00 per item; i.e. carburetor, head, intake, etc.
- SGMP will keep $50.00 of each protest fee to administer the inspection.
- Fee goes back to protestor, less $50.00, if part is found to be not in compliance with the rules. If part is found illegal, Protest Fee to be divided between SGMP and Driver, less $50.00.
The Management of South Georgia Motorsports Park